Friday, January 20, 2006

The Matrix

Rhapsody Playlist:

1. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
2. Behind These Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson
3. Gone - Kelly Clarkson
4. Complicated - Avril Lavigne
5. Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne
6. Take Me Away - Avril Lavigne
7. My Happy Ending - Avril Lavigne
8. Extraordinary - Liz Phair
9. Rock Me - Liz Phair

I think the key to this sound is Antares pitch correction/vocal processing modules. http://www.antarestech.com/products/index.shtml.

It's kind of strange to have Kelly Clarkson in this list, because I think she can actually sing unaided. Bob Mould said that "Since U Been Gone" was his favorite song of the year, and I can see why - it sounds exactly like a Bob Mould song, especially in the "Shut your mouth I just can't take it" section of the bridge - except a little more perky and upbeat.

No comments: