Saturday, January 27, 2007

In the same place, at the same time

One of the problems with the demos was that I was never playing the whole song - I played all the drum parts for all the songs, then all the keyboard parts for all the songs, then all the guitar parts for all the songs, and then all the vocals for all the songs. Now, I want to record one song at a time. However, this means that I need to have my chops together on all of my instruments before I start - if I am scheduled to record guitar for several months in a row I can afford to be a little bit rusty for the first few days, but if I am switching instruments every day I can't be spending time on fingerings or technique. So while I am learning my tools I am also supposed to be practicing my instruments.

Monday - Drums
Tuesday - Bass
Wednesday - Acoustic Piano/Electric Piano
Thursday - Les Paul
Friday - Electric Piano/Organ
Saturday - Telecaster
Sunday - Vocals

No comments: