Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Butterfly

After two bad quarters
The board turned on me.
And when the Chinese factory burned down
They said I had to go.

I pointed the Boxter north on PCH,
Put down the top, and drove fast.
120 through the eucalyptus groves
Does wonders to clear your head.
"Ungrateful bastards.
I built this company from nothing.
Without me you have nothing.
You hear me, nothing!"

T-boned in an intersection
By a careless Suburban
On any other day
Would have been the end.
But charmed was today, and I walked away.
Walked out of myself and into the woods
Till I met a group of people that lived in the trees
On platforms in the redwoods, high in the air.
They dropped a ladder to me, and I ascended their aerie.
I told them my story and Butterfly said to me:

Be silent, and listen.
Hear the sound of the wind.
Hear the sound of the wind blowing
Through the leaves on our tree.

No comments: