Friday, February 11, 2011

The Strings Of Our Genes

An original which I hadn't recorded before. Still not happy with the webcam microphone.

Chords and lyrics

Bm7 Em9
A7 Dmaj7
C#m7 F#7
Bm7 Am7 G F#
Em7 A7 D
---
Bm7 G A

I try to be calm
In the face of your rage
Your grandmother's face
Your grandfather's rage
Pulls you out of your seat

A dancing marionette
Tied to the strings of your genes.

The stone and the sod
Whiskey and God
Run from the law
Sleep in the straw
Pulls you onto your feet

A dancing marionette
Tied to the strings of your genes.

I curse you to never feel satisfaction
To see injustice in all of its forms
I bless you with strength
Quickness of mind and
A hurting desire to learn.
I curse you to be unable to follow
This curse and these gifts I give to you
Because I carry them too.

We're dancing marionettes
Tied to the strings of our genes.

No comments: