Saturday, June 01, 2013

Lee Knight's Dream

Yeah, so I was talking
To Stephen Hawking
He sounded just like the ghost
Of Marc Bolan.

We drove to his house
And he showed me where to park
My car so it wouldn't
Get stolen.

He plugged in his Tele
Straight into the amp
Pedals are for pussies
He said.

Man he sounded good
When he hit that first chord
It was like a choir directly
From God.

We swam in the surf
And we flew over valleys
He showed me cool places
In time.

And he told the body
Is just an illusion
You can go anywhere
In your mind.

There were all kinds of people
Who came to hang out
Edison and Washington
And Thoreau.

And we played rock and roll
Til the sun came up
Cause rock and roll
Is what frees your soul.

Then I woke up
Must have been a dream
But tonight I'm going to plug in my Tele
And make myself free.

And I'll swim in the ocean
And fly through the valleys
And visit cool places
In time.

No comments: