Saturday, October 23, 2010

Water (2000)

Water

Colorless, odorless, tasteless, pure
My life flows down like water

My eyes are filled with color
Swatches of pigment and shimmering dye
Spectra absorbed and reflected
Careening throughout the luminous world
But my life flows down like water

My nose is filled with smell
Of sandalwood idols and freshly washed sheets
Aromas perceived and remembered
Bringing me back to my childhood days
But my life flows down like water

My mouth is filled with taste
Breathtaking heat and searing sweet
Syrupy peaches
And stiff whipped cream
But my life flows down like water

One man may be a droplet
Humanity a raging stream
Hope and possibility a shack
Built on delta silt
All of life becomes part of the river
Flowing into the sea
But my life flows down like water.

No comments: